Barbecued fish is a success every time ! In fact, it requires little or no fat and is therefore ideal for healthy cooking enthusiasts. There are several ways to prepare grilled fish for your enjoyment. Here are 3 recipes that change.
Cod wraps on banana leaves
An exotic recipe that has everything to surprise ! In Asia, the banana leaf is the equivalent of our French papillote. Its healthy advantage : it contains antioxidants that it confers to the meat during cooking. A guaranteed success with your guests !
- For banana leaves: soak in water for ¼ an hour and then leave to dry.
- For the marinade, mix :
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil ;
- The juice of 2 lemons ;
- 2 diced tomatoes ;
- 6 shallots, thinly sliced ;
- Salt and pepper.
- Optional : coriander, coconut milk, soy sauce, garlic cloves, chilli pepper. Let your desires express themselves !
Once your fish steaks are ready to cook, wrap them in your banana leaves with a few slices of carrot or courgette. Light LULU or MARCEL on medium heat and place them on the grill. Then leave to cook for 15 minutes until the papillotes blacken. Arrange on a nice plate and serve !
> Read also : BBQ recipes : 3 marinades from elsewhere !
Grilled sardines with chilli pepper
A healthy and slightly spicy dish ! To prepare 8 succulent sardines, mix in a bowl :
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and zest ;
- 2 tbsp. olive oil ;
- 1 clove of chilli pepper, chopped and seeded ;
- 1 clove of garlic, minced ;
- salt and pepper.
Cut small slits in each side of the sardines and brush the mixture, insisting on the cavities. Then cook on your BBQ for 3 minutes on each side, until the flesh is cooked through and comes off easily with a fork. Arrange on a dish, add a few drops of Tabasco and serve hot ! Enjoy your meal !
Our tip : before cooking your sardines, remember to empty them. Otherwise, your fishmonger can take care of them for you.
Trout steak with sesame seeds and maple syrup
A tasty and original way to prepare your trout steaks ! For the marinade, you need :
- 6 tablespoons of maple syrup ;
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil ;
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce ;
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic, minced ;
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds ;
- Salt and pepper.
Brush your pavers and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Grill them on your BBQ over medium heat for 4/5 minutes.
Want to vary the pleasures ? Take a look at our chicken recipes. At ALUVY, we celebrate those who like to think outside the box and innovate. In fact, we love to see your incredible recipes shared on social networks !