From starter to dessert, did you know that it is possible to prepare a complete menu only on your gas BBQ ? With LULU and its accessories (plancha, cooking dome, pizza stone...), the possibilities are endless ! To explore new flavours, discover a whole menu that breaks the codes with 4 recipes to be prepared exclusively on your gas BBQ.
As a starter : a tart with seasonal vegetables
Start the meal with a light and colourful dish : a tart with seasonal vegetables ! Healthy and tasty, it's the ideal dish to start your feast. With LULU and its cooking dome, preparing a BBQ pie has never been easier. And unlike the oven, you'll get a unique smoky flavour !
Here is the procedure to follow :
- Spread a thin layer of mustard on a shortcrust pastry (or puff pastry) ;
- Place your pieces of vegetables: courgettes, tomatoes, peppers, aubergines, spinach, pumpkin, mushrooms, broccoli, etc. ;
- Mix in a bowl 1 egg, 3 tablespoons of fresh cream, salt and pepper and pour over the dough ;
- Add extra tuna or crab flakes, shrimp, ham, mozzarella, emmental cheese or basil to taste.
Once your pie is ready :
- Place it on your stone with your pizza pan for a crispy finish. ;
- Cover with your cooking dome and wait about 30 min. ;
- Cut into pieces and enjoy at once !
As a main course : pork belly with honey and lemon
Pork belly is an absolutely divine piece of meat, especially when grilled on the BBQ. For an explosion of sweet/savoury flavours in the mouth, soak them beforehand in a marinade with olive oil, honey, lemon, ginger and thyme. Then cook them for 5-10 minutes on the LULU grill, and you're done !
To vary the pleasures, we also propose 3 recipes of marinades with flavours from elsewhere.
To accompany : crispy potato spirals
Forget the traditional fried potatoes, here's a gas BBQ recipe that swings and changes ! To make this spiral :
- Skewer the potato in the centre with our metal skewer ;
- With a sharp knife, start from the top and make an incision at an angle of 15/20 degrees ;
- Spin it on itself to form a spiral ;
- Gently roll it out by pulling on the ends ;
- Oil then add garlic powder, onion, dehydrated herbs, Espelette pepper, salt and parmesan (according to your preferences) ;
- Grill over medium heat, covered with your cooking dome, for 20 to 30 minutes ;
- When it's tender and golden, it's over !
PS : it also works with sweet potatoes.
There you go ! You have a surprising accompaniment that will complement your grilled meats, shellfish and fish fillets perfectly.
> Read also : BBQ : what to serve as an accompaniment ?
For dessert : banana and chocolate pizza
Forget the traditional oven ! With LULU and its accessories, you can prepare a crispy pizza with an incomparable toasted flavour. And to please both young and old gourmets, here's our incredible chocolate and banana pizza recipe... A treat you won't soon forget !
- Pre-heat your pizza stone on your LULU ;
- Cut the bananas into slices and prepare small chocolate squares (or a spread of your choice) ;
- Arrange it on the pizza dough ;
- Place the dough on the pizza stone and cover with your cooking dome ;
- Cook for 5-10 minutes ;
- Enjoy !
ALUVY's tip : for an even more delicious and melt-in-your-mouth pizza, add a few pieces of marshmallows.
With LULU and its accessories, there are a thousand and one ways to use your gas BBQ ! For a whole host of original ideas, check out our ALUVY recipes. From traditional dishes to the most eccentric, our goal is to offer gas BBQ recipes with character, inspired by France and elsewhere, for dishes that celebrate joy and freedom. It's time to awaken your culinary creativity !